I’ve taken to babysitting, because, well, Wisconsin raised tuition and I have credit cards and it makes Jesus weep less than stripping?
ANYWAY. Turns out you pick up a lot.
– The Milwaukee Country Club has a BUNCH of rules and a really long handbook. One that I read, cover-to-cover, and then checked the directory for people I knew. Because I am never going to be listed in that book with two separate addresses, one for summer and one for winter.
– Joe from Blue’s Clues is kind of hot. A cursory IMDB search also indicates that he is (most likely) straight and engaged. Oh well. And here I thought I could have adorable children AND not have to keep them entertained.
– The couple, while perfectly nice, have no fricking clue what I’ve been through in that house. I was playing with the little girl on the floor and the mom went, “Heh, I bet you like coming over hear and having to deal with the hard floors. You must go home with sore knees!” Um. Yes. I tore up this carpeting. I’ve spend hours sitting on the floor because we got rid of the chairs. I once went home with sore armpits. Playing with racecars for twenty minutes isn’t going to kill me. I promise.
– Playing with racecars on MY hardwood floor almost did, though.
– I seriously need to marry into wealth.